FCK-Keeper Raab: I did not understand the world anymore

Three nominations for the eleven of the day \ - after only eight games. Not only in the heated duel against Waldhof Mannhein advanced the final man to the Matchwinner. Despite twelve third league missions, Raab is routinely routine to the secure retention and is the best keeper of the league with a Matheo Raab-notes section of 2.56.

Mr. Raab, in the derby against Mannheim, only eight field players defended more than half a half. Definitely like to be required as goalkeeper?

That depends entirely on how it ends up ( lacht ). Of course, it is a charming task of standing 45 minutes full of tension and at any time to reckon with a shot. But of course you prefer to play eleven against eleven. Because with two men less can end up very fast.

In this case, it was known to be good. What went through the head after the second red card?

It was clear that it was actually just about saving himself in the break and then keeping the zero as possible. In the half-time break was a special mood in the cabin. Each of us was convinced that we successfully fighter together and at least earn us the point. That's what I think I also saw.

Do you have an explanation why exactly this attitude was missing more often more frequently and the services are subject to eclatant fluctuations?

We ask ourselves. It's hard to describe, but the past week and the derby have aroused something in us. Everyone has told in the cabin where he sees the reasons for our problems. Miscellaneously, I found this talks a bit liberating. Now we have to show this mission but every week - even if no derby or a game is against a big name.

I never played Junior Bundesliga and was in no NLZ. You have to give you respect first.

Matheo Raab

From the public criticism of the team they were excluded in the last few weeks. With strong achievements, they often prevented worse. How did you deal with it?

I never looked at that. We are a team that wins and loses together. Of course, I am glad that it is very important to me, but that's much more important to us now the restart succeeds.

In the summer of 2020, they signed their first professional contract, before this season followed the transport to the number 1. Did you expect them in preparation?

Everything went very fast. The last season with the professional debut was already overwhelming for me. Of course you do not want to sit on the bench in the long run. But I did not actually have it, because Avdo Spahic had played a great season. But the coach had announced an open competition between us in summer ...

... with the better output for you. Has the mood changed in the goalkeeper team?

It is self-evident that everyone wants to play. But the mood between us goalkeepers is really outstanding. I do not know if there is so common in professional football, we understand ourselves class, companies together also take a lot together outside the place. Ultimately, this promotes the performance of us all.

Is not a duel out of the way: Raab in the duel with 1860 striker Sascha Mölders. imago images / mis

At the age of 18, they came from Eintracht Trier to the Bayenberg. Also with the dream of the Bundesliga in the face of the great goalkeeper tradition in the Palatinate?

I still dream of the Bundesliga ( lacht ), even if that was still miles away for me at that time. I never played junior Bundesliga was never in a NLZ. Then you come to the FCK and hit the same age players who have already played for the national team. If you hear where you come from, you have to give you respect first. I had to get used to that, but that was quite fast. The really big damper came only a few weeks later.

They speak of their fifth use for the 2nd team in the Oberliga. In October 2017, you broke yourself with a clash of the tibia. The professional career seemed finished before she started.

The scene has gone through his head again and again. I did not initially realize how bad it was actually. It was a total shock. Already two hours later I was operated for the first time, five other operations followed within a week. The doctors told me that it was not clear if I can run right again, let alone play football. I did not understand the world anymore, I had to process that first.

What helped you on the way?

Without the support of my family and friends, I would not have survived this time in the form and would not be there where I am. I am very grateful for that. I also used the time and started a sports business study. That helped me a lot to get the head free. Later, I then regularly made the goalkeeper training for the U 10 to U 13 in NLZ. I just wanted to stay in the topic, even if I could not play myself. In addition, I was a lot of fun to help the young players.

The eighth surgery was like a liberation. Since then I go everything with a certain ease.

Matheo Raab

378 days after the injury, it came to comeback ...

... I could play anything but painless. I had problems again and again, with the knee, the ankle and the shin. It took a while. Only the total eighth surgery was then like a liberation.

Please tell.

At that time, the metal parts were removed from my lower leg. Only then did everything happen again without restrictions. That was also from the head of salvation, I could give full throttle again, having fun and easy to enjoy. I appreciated that brutally after the long passion. It was a pure torque.

How does she still shape this time today?

It helped me scary to grasp feet with the professionals and in the 3rd league, since I have been with a certain lightness since then. It's just football in quotation marks. I am so thankful that I can play again, that will keep me in mind again and again. If there are moments in which the motivation is perhaps a bit lower for exercising, I just remember how scarce I got away. That's drive enough.

Ehrmann student: raab after the cup match against Gladbach with the ex-louder Tobias Sippel. Imago Images / Thomas Frey

For goalkeeping training in Kaiserslautern, Gerry Ehrmann was responsible for two decades. Has the school changed great since his departure in the spring of 2020?

Of course, each goalkeeper course trains something different. But on the whole, we still do much of what we did under Gerry at that time. It's no secret that this work was very successful. I was allowed to do some units with him and the second division team right after my change at the age of 18, that was a madness experience.

With them a circle has closed. Like Roman Weidenfeller, they played in the youth at the sports friends Eisbachtal. He was the end of the 90s one of the first Ehrmann students, they one of the last.

We also know each other. His brother has exercised me in the meantime, the contact has arisen about it. Even after my injury, novel has contacted me, that gave me a lot of strength. His career was something very special.

What is the next step in your career? The contract with the FCK runs out at the end of the season.

We are in conversations, but that's still quite early. It's my first season, I want to confirm my achievements, focus on every game and I'm looking forward to putting it all that we come together in the track track.

3 . League - Highlights by MagentaSport

Heated Derby: Lautern gets Remis despite duplicate

All videos in the overview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Test of the Kilukz arena, second DLC of the Naheulbeuk dungeon